Chemistry Continuation: 10AM to 12PM
Date – Time
June 16, 2023
– 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Continuation from the 2022 - 2023 year over the summer 2023. Cost is $100 per student to help cover expenses. Login to register.
- Friday, June 16th
- Wednesday, June 21st
- Wednesday, June 28th
- Wednesday, July 5th
- Wednesday, July 12th
- Wednesday, July 19th
- Wednesday, July 26th
Gaps from previous lessons that could be included in continuation:
- Review of element memorization - symbol, name AND atomic number
- Increased rigor on the topic of density - including a density tower and calculations
- Unit conversions beyond one multiplication or division calculation
- Quantum theory of light
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Spin quantum numbers
- Molarity and molality
- Colloids, chelants and surfactants
- Lewis Dot Structure of compounds.
- Limiting reactions
- Exothermic and Endothermic chemical reaction calculations
- Homogeneous, heterogeneous and biological catalysts.
- Rates of reaction calculation
- Voltages in oxidation/reduction reactions
- pH and pOH calculations
- Conjugate acids and bases.
- Increased rigor of the Gas Laws
- Increased rigor of longer nuclear reaction chains
- Exponential decay calculations and increased rigor on half life