At Murfreesboro Homeschoolers (MHS) we provide academic courses, educational clubs and activities for home schooled children in preschool through high school as well as support for homeschooling families in Middle Tennessee.
We strive to foster creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and problem-solving by empowering students to take ownership of their education and commit to lifelong learning.
Please visit our Handbook for more information about MHS and sign up for one of the events below to see if our organization is a wonderful fit for the needs of your family.
How to Join MHS
- Please follow the link and fill in our simple online Membership Request Form.
- Once your $25 is received we will approve your membership request and give you access to the MHS Website to sign up for field trips & events on our calendar. You can start participating immediately!
- If you plan to register for classes & clubs, login and visit our "how to register" page for detailed instructions.
- If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to helping however we can!
Learn about homeschooling and how our
can help with your homeschooling journey!
Contact one of our friendly leaders today HERE!
We look forward to helping you!
Top 3 Questions About Homeschooling
1. Is it Legal?
YES! In all 50 states of the USA, homeschooling is legal! Each state has their own laws, HERE are the state of TN homeschooling laws. This link explains the three types of homeschooling in Tennessee: Independent Home School, Church-Related Umbrella School & Accredited Online School.
2. Am I Qualified?
All you need is a High School Diploma or GED to legally home school your children in the state of Tennessee.
3. What about Socialization?
This is where MHS can help on so many levels! Our tutorial classes and community organized clubs, field trips and events are the perfect solution for socialization, education and building relationships for homeschooling students and their families. At MHS we bridge the gap between homeschooling and public/private school by organizing events such as our Semester Showcases at the end of each semester where children in our music and theater classes perform and children in our other classes create projects to put on display for family and friends to enjoy.