Registration for 2021-2022 is OPEN. Limited Space Available.
At Murfreesboro Homeschoolers (MHS) we provide tutorial classes and educational activities for home schooled children as well as support for homeschooling families in Middle Tennessee.
We strive to foster creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and problem-solving by empowering students to take ownership of their education and commit to lifelong learning.
Please visit our Handbook for more information about MHS.
Learn About MHS
Sign Up for a Tour and/or Registration Appointment
Come learn about MHS and how our educational organization can help with your homeschooling journey!
Please schedule a time to meet with our Director. You can find her contact information HERE.
How to Join MHS
We would love to have you join our educational program for the 2021-2022 year at Murfreesboro Homeschoolers Tutorial! Classes are held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am to 3pm with assignments to do at home Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The schedule includes Science, Language Arts, History, Spanish and Math. Curriculum and class supplies are included with the exception of math and some books used for the classes. Each student must bring their own math books/workbooks for the tutoring.
** For 1st - 6th grade we highly recommend Primary Mathematics Singapore Math US Edition. You can purchase the text, workbook and home educator books online. **
Space is very limited. Please contact our director with any questions and to set up an appointment to discuss our program.
- Please follow the link to fill out our simple online Membership Request Form.
- Once approved, login and visit our "How to Register" page for detailed instructions.
- You may schedule a Registration Help Appointment with our Director. You can find her contact information HERE.
- If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to helping however we can!
- *** For Special Requests please email the director at [email protected]
Please Review our Illness Policy below before attending classes.
We will be enforcing our illness policy and sanitizing surfaces between classes to protect our families.
Do not bring your children to MHS if they have the following:
- Fever over 99 degrees Fahrenheit within the last 24 hours
- Colored Mucus (yellow or green runny nose)
- Sore Throat, Croup Cough or Non-Stop Coughing
- Diarrhea, Vomiting or Nausea
- Rashes or Ring Worm
- Head Lice
- Anything Contagious you are aware of
Top 3 Questions About Homeschooling
1. Is it Legal?
YES! In all 50 states of the USA, homeschooling is legal! Each state has their own laws, HERE are the state of TN homeschooling laws. This link explains the three types of homeschooling in Tennessee: Independent Home School, Church-Related Umbrella School & Accredited Online School.
2. Am I Qualified?
All you need is a High School Diploma or GED to legally home school your children in the state of Tennessee.
3. What about Socialization?
This is where MHS can help! Our tutorial classes are the perfect solution for socialization, education and building relationships for homeschooling students. At MHS we bridge the gap between homeschooling and public/private school.