*** Tutorial Class Registration is CLOSED ***
Tutorial classes on Monday & Friday in person beginning 10/12/2020.
We will be enforcing our illness policy and sanitizing surfaces between classes to protect our families.
Do not bring your children to MHS if they have the following:
- Fever over 99 degrees Fahrenheit within the last 24 hours
- Colored Mucus (yellow or green runny nose)
- Sore Throat, Croup Cough or Non-Stop Coughing
- Diarrhea, Vomiting or Nausea
- Rashes or Ring Worm
- Head Lice
- Anything Contagious you are aware of
At Murfreesboro Homeschoolers (MHS) we provide tutorial classes, cooperative classes and educational activities for home schooled children in preschool through high school as well as support for homeschooling families in Middle Tennessee.
We strive to foster creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and problem-solving by empowering students to take ownership of their education and commit to lifelong learning.
Please visit our Handbook for more information about MHS and sign up to meet with our leaders to see if our organization is a wonderful fit for the needs of your family.
Learn About MHS
Sign Up for a Tour Soon!
Learn about MHS and how our educational organization
can help with your homeschooling journey!
You may schedule a time to meet with our Director or Cooperative Coordinator.
You can find their contact information HERE.
Our Dedication to You
At MHS we understand the uncertainty of the upcoming academic year and are dedicated to serving our families.
Please read our Extended School Closure & Refund Policy HERE.
How to Join MHS
- Please follow the link to fill out our simple online Membership Request Form.
- Once approved, login and visit our "How to Register" page for detailed instructions.
- You may schedule a Registration Help Appointment with our Director or Cooperative Coordinator. You can find their contact information HERE.
- If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to helping however we can!
Top 3 Questions About Homeschooling
1. Is it Legal?
YES! In all 50 states of the USA, homeschooling is legal! Each state has their own laws, HERE are the state of TN homeschooling laws. This link explains the three types of homeschooling in Tennessee: Independent Home School, Church-Related Umbrella School & Accredited Online School.
2. Am I Qualified?
All you need is a High School Diploma or GED to legally home school your children in the state of Tennessee.
3. What about Socialization?
This is where MHS can help on so many levels! Our tutorial classes, cooperative classes, field trips and events are the perfect solution for socialization, education and building relationships for homeschooling students and their families. At MHS we bridge the gap between homeschooling and public/private school by organizing events and field trips on top of our wonderful selection of tutorial and cooperative classes.